It is the mission of The Burlington Historical Society to:
- bring together those people interested in the history of Burlington and district
- discover, collect, classify and preserve materials which will establishor illustrate the history of the area, its First Nations culture, the period of exploration and settlement and its progress to the present
- make such material accessible to those who wish to study it by publication, by discussion, by marking historic sites and buildings and by arrangements for its display
- co-operate with local authorities and other organizations in ensuring the preservation of documents, relics, buildings etc., of historic interest or value
- stimulate public interest in, and awareness of, our local heritage.